Setup on Samsung with SSSP2
Examples of screens of the type Samsung Smart Signage SSSP2 are Samsung DB48D and Samsung DM48D.
ℹ️ Screens with SSSP2 are an older model that Samsung unfortunately no longer updates. This makes the screen no longer compatible with the latest web standards and means that several post-types and features in PinToMind 3 will not work.
If the screen is too good to replace, you can extend its life with a so-called set-back-box (SBB). An affordable and good solution is to buy an Ugoos. Alternatively, there is also Samsung's own SBB, but it works on a limited selection of screens.
Regardless of whether you are considering an SBB, or it is time to replace the physical screen, you will find information about equipment we recommend here.
If the screen does not start in the guide (see below), it is often easiest to reset to factory settings.
- Turn the screen off with the remote.
- Click MUTE – 1 – 8 – 2 – POWER ON with the remote. This provides access to the system menu.
- Go til "Options" and select "Factory reset" twice.
- When the screen is totally off, turn it back on. The screen should now be back to factory settings.
Guide for player
Follow the steps in the guide below, and you will have your public screen up and running in no time!
- Turn the screen on with the remote. A guide for configuration of new screen starts.
- Menu Language: Select ”English”
- Display Orientation: Select ”Landscape”
- Auto Power Off: Select ”Off" (recommended)
- Network Settings:
- If wired network: Go further when network is found.
- If wireless network: Select network and add relevant code.
- Clock Set: Add correct date and time.
- Play via: Select ”URL Launcher”
- Add your screen address/URL, that can be found under "Screens" -> "Settings" -> "Security". (Eg. http://app.pintomind.com/ABC123)
- Select ”URL Launcher” in the menu to start displaying.
- Turn the screen off and on again. The screen should now start to display automatically.
We recommend adding an automatic timer, for instance that the screen would turn on at 7 am and off at 11 pm, in order prolong the lifespan of the screen and to save the environment.
This is how you add an automatic timer:
- Press the HOME-button
- Select "On/Off Timer" and "On Timer"
- Adjust to the time when you would like for the screen to turn on
- Do the same for "Off timer"
- Restart the display again by selecting "URL Launcher"
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org