Setup on Samsung with SSSP4
Examples of screens of the type Samsung Smart Signage SSSP4 are Samsung PM49F and Samsung PH49F.
Get started - Install the PinToMind Player-app
The first time you start your screen, you get to a guide. Follow the steps in the guide (see below), and you are started!
(If you have previously updated the firmware on the screen, follow the guide here).
- Turn down the volume ;-)
- Choose language (we use english on our screens and in our explanations)
- Choose if the screen will be mounted in portrait- or landscape-position.
- Auto power off - select "Off"
Note! - The screen will turn itself off after 4 hours if you do not change this
- Select and connect to network
- Set date and time
- Select "Play via URL Launcher", and enter url https://p2m.tv
Note! Enter the entire address, including "https://" with lower case letters only!
- Add name for screen, or leave it empty.
- The guide is done - click DONE. The screen becomes black.
- Press the HOME-button. Select URL Launcher.
- The PinToMind Player app will then be installed and started. The screen displays a code.
- On another computer or mobile: Log in to app.pintomind.com/connect, and enter the code now displayed on the screen, to connect the device to your account.
- Select which screen to display on the device under "SELECT A SCREEN".
You can change the screen displayed on this device, at any time. See info here.
- The screen you selected now starts displaying on your device.
- Turn the screen off and on to check that the screen starts correctly at restart.
We recommend adding an automatic timer, for example that the screen will automatically turn on at 7 am and off at 11 pm, to prolong the lifetime of the screen and to be environment-friendly.
This is how you can add an automatic timer:
- Press the HOME-button
- Select "On/Off Timer" and "On Timer"
- Add the time for when you want the screen to turn on and select source "MagicInfo S/URL Launcher"
- Do the same for the "Off timer"
- Press the HOME-button. Select "PinToMind URL Launcher"
- Turn the screen off and on to check that it starts correctly at restart.
Reset screen to factory settings
If you are experiencing trouble with the screen, or if it has been used before, we recommend resetting it to factory settings.
- Turn the screen off with the remote control
- Click MUTE – 1 – 8 – 2 – POWER ON with the remote control.
When the screen starts, it gives access to the system menu.
- Select "Options" in the first menu-selection, and then select "Factory reset" twice.
- Turn the screen on again when it is totally off. The screen is now back to factory settings.
If the guide for resetting does not work:
- Turn the screen on, click "Source" on the remote control and change to DVI
- Try following the steps above again
Change Display Orientation Portrait/Landscape
- Press “Home” on the remote control to exit the PinToMind Player app.
- Then press “Menu” on the remote control. Select “OnScreen Display” and then “Display Orientation”.
- Select "Landscape" or "Portrait". Press "Yes".
- Then press "Home" and select PinToMind URL Launcher to return to the info screen display.
Firmware is the software that is built into the screen. In some cases, for example regarding display of video, an update of firmware can improve the display of content. See guide here for updating the firmware of your screen.
Tip: You can press "005" on the remote, to load the content anew.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org