Installation on chrome devices - without Chrome-upgrade (fmr. license)
This guide is for you who use older chrome devices that do not need a Chrome-upgrade. After upgrading to Chrome 70 (fall 2018) it is not possible to install without a Chrome-upgrade. After installation is completed, the device will go to the log-in-page instead of starting PinToMind Player.
If you have a newer chrome device you need a Chrome-upgrade, and have to follow this guide. You will not get any further from the point below with clicking CTRL + ALT + K if you try to install without a Chrome-upgrade on a chrome device where Google demands a Chrome-upgrade.
If you use an older chrome device, follow the points below, and you will get started in a few minutes! 😃
Basic settings and login
When you start the chrome device you are taken through a guide. Follow the points below step-by-step, and you are started.
If the chrome device has been logged in to earlier, you have to reset it to factory settings before you continue. See guide to reset further down on this page.
- Select language and keyboard
- Find wireless internet and possibly enter code
- Read the terms for Google Chrome OS, og click "Accept and continue". Important! Do not log in yet!
- Now click CTRL + ALT + K, and click "Turn on" and "OK" for automatic kiosk-mode.
- Log in with a Google-account. We recommend using or creating a Google-account which is not used for anything else.
Install PinToMind player-app
Tip! Open p2m.tv/chrome on the chrome device, and you can read the rest of this guide there, and simply copy and paste the app-ID and addresses to chrome-settings.
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome, and write chrome://extensions in the address-field
- Select "Developer mode" at the top right of the page
- Select ”Manage kiosk apps”
- Write or copy-paste the app-ID: gbickdfkpeeleebkfafliiklhobbnkae
- The app will now appear in the list. Click on the app and click on "Set automatic startup", so that it says ("automatic startup") after the name of the app, and then "Done".
- Important! New in Chrome version 66! In order to play video-posts automatically on the screen, this must be enabled. Write chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy in the address-field. Change "Autoplay policy" from "Default" to "No user gesture is required". Press "Relaunch now".
- Restart the Chrome device
- You will be asked for "Permission for autostart is requested", click "Confirm" for the app to start automatically when the machine is turned on.
The screen-code is 5-6 letters or numbers at the end of the screen-address. You can find it in your list of screens.
Enter only the code in the field called "screencode", in this example "ABC123"
Ta-da! The Chromebit is installed and ready to be used! 🎉😃
Shortcuts in PinToMind Player
When the display has started, you can use these shortcuts:
- CTRL + SHIFT + 5 reloads the display anew
- CTRL + SHIFT + 7 can register a new screencode to display
- CTRL + SHIFT + 9 starts the chrome device anew