Installation on Chrome devices - with Chrome-upgrade (fmr. license)
💡 This is a guide for setting up and using equipment for PinToMind. Although we have a guide, it is not a recommendation. Find information about equipment we recommend, on our website.
This guide is for you who use newer chrome devices that need a Chrome-upgrade (fmr. Chrome-licence), and want automatic start of PinToMind when the device is switched on, and daily restart of the device.
NOTE: It is not possible to order a new Chrome upgrade in PinToMind 3, only in PinToMind Classic. If you use PinToMind 3 and need Chrome upgrade, we refer you to use own Chrome Device Management.
Start Chrome device, Sign in to Chrome Device Management & Start screen display
- Connect the Chrome device to the HDMI-entrance of the screen.
- Connect mouse and keyboard to the chrome device.
- If the chrome device has been logged on to earlier, it must be reset to factory settings before you continue. See guide to reset chrome devices on Googles webpages.
- Select language, keyboard and wireless network. Important! Do not log in to the Chrome device!
Click CTRL + ALT + E to go to the page to subscribe the device in our Chrome device management.
You have to log in to app.pintomind.com and order Chrome-upgrade to get the information for the next points.
- Log in with the username and password that you are given at the logged in page on your PinToMind-account.
Enter Asset Identifier - see information in the list of ordered licenses on the logged in page. Important! You have to fill this in, even if it says "optional" on the screen. Each Chrome-upgrade must be used only for one device.
💡 Tip: Mark the Chrome-device physically with Asset Identifier, in order for you to easily know which device uses which upgrade.
- PinToMind Player starts and displays a code.
- On another computer or mobile: Log in on app.pintomind.com/connect, and enter the code for the screen to connect the device to your account.
Select which screen to display on the device under "SELECT A SCREEN".
You can change the screen displayed on this device, at any time. See info here.
- The screen you selected now starts displaying on your device.
Thats it! PinToMind Player is now installed, and the screen is ready to be used. Test by turning if off and on, to see that it starts automatically like it should.
Shortcuts in PinToMind Player on Chrome device
When the display has started, you can use these shortcuts:
- CTRL + SHIFT + 5 reloads the content of the display
- CTRL + SHIFT + 9 restarts the chrome device
If you later want to end this, you click "End upgrade" in the list of licenses that are bought. We will then end the Chrome-upgrade and unsubscribe the device from our Chrome device management. The device will after restart stop the display of the public screen, and you can delete the content on the device to use if for other purposes. Paid amounts will not be paid back even if the Chrome-upgrade ends.
Use your own Chrome Device Management
Chrome Device Management is a web-based tool from Google to manage and watch over chrome devices. On Googles webpages, you will find guide and more information about Chrome Device Management.
If you already have, or want to set up, an own Chrome Device Management to use on public screens, that is fully possible. In that case, you can set up rules for the chrome devices on the administration pages, and add our PWA app via a web address. Select "Add via URL" and use "https://app.pintomind.com/live/"
Prices and more information about purchase of Chrome-upgrades, you get from one of Googles resellers of Chrome-upgrades.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com