Installation on Chrome devices - with Chrome-upgrade (fmr. license)
This guide is for you who use newer chrome devices that need a Chrome-upgrade (fmr. Chrome-licence), and want automatic start and daily restart of the device. We have set up everything that has to do with Chrome-upgrades from Google, so that you do not have to do that. We charge for this in the same way as for subscriptions. The price is 40 EUR per unit per year.
Follow the points below, and you will get going within minutes! 😃
- Unpack and connect the Chrome device to the HDMI-entrance of the screen.
- Connect mouse and keyboard to the chrome device.
- If the chrome device has been logged on to earlier, it must be reset to factory settings before you continue. See guide to reset chrome devices on Googles webpages.
- Select language, keyboard and wireless network. Important! Do not log in to the Chrome device!
- Click CTRL + ALT + E to go to the page to subscribe the device in our Chrome device management.
You have to log in to app.pintomind.com and order Chrome-upgrade to get the information for the next points.
- Log in with the username and password that you are given at the logged in page on your PinToMind-account.
- Enter Asset Identifier and Device position - see information in the list of ordered licenses on the logged in page. Important! You have to fill this in, even if it says "optional" on the screen. Each Chrome-upgrade must be used only for one device.
- PinToMind Player starts. Enter screencode - same code as Device position in the former point.
Thats it! PinToMind Player is now installed, and the screen is ready to be used. Feel free to test by turning if off and on, to see that it starts automatically like it should.
If you later want to end this, you click "End upgrade" in the list of licenses that are bought. We will then end the Chrome-upgrade and unsubscribe the device from our Chrome device management. The device will after restart stop the display of the public screen, and you can delete the content on the device to use if for other purposes. Paid amounts will not be paid back even if the Chrome-upgrade ends.
Shortcuts in PinToMind Player
When the display has started, you can use these shortcuts:
- CTRL + SHIFT + 5 reloads the content of the display
- CTRL + SHIFT + 7 to register a new screencode for the display
- CTRL + SHIFT + 9 restarts the chrome device
If you want to: Use your own Chrome device management
Chrome device management is a web-based tool from Google to manage and watch over chrome devices. On Googles webpages, you´ll find guide and more information about Chrome device management.
If you already have, or want to set up, an own Chrome device management to use on public screens, that is fully possible. If so, you can set up rules for the chrome devices, and install PinToMind Player via the admin pages. Prices and more information about purchase of Chrome-upgrades, you get from one of Googles resellers of Chrome-upgrades.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org