Autostart and full screen on Windows
A browser, displayed in full screen
An information screen-display is actually a web page (constantly updated), which is displayed in full screen on a screen on the wall. You open the browser and paste the screen address to the screen you want to display. Then change to full screen by pressing F11.
We have a VisualBasic-script that you can download, which will start the screen-display automatically when you turn the screen on. This works well on most Windows machines.
- Install Google Chrome on the device that you wish to display the screen content on (if not installed) and deactivate warning regarding Internet Explorer not being the default browser.
- Log in on your PinToMind-accout and select screens in the menu on the top left .
- Make a note of the screen address http://app.pintomind.com/ + SCREEN CODEABC123. Example: http://app.pintomind.com/ABC123
- Open the browser on the device that is going to display the content and enter this address + .vbs in the address-field. For example: http://app.pintomind.com/ABC123.vbs This will start the download of a script/file which will be saved in the downloads-folder on the machine.
- When the script is downloaded, move it to the startup-folder in the start-menu. Do not change the name of the file. With the script in the startup-folder, the information screen will start automatically in full screen when you turn the device on later. To end the display after starting the script, click ALT + F4.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.