Firmware update with USB
ℹ️ This is a guide for updating firmware manually via USB, for Samsung SMART Signage-screens with SSSP4, SSSP5, SSSP6 and SSSP10.
A guide for updating firmware directly in the screen can be found here.
- Download the file for your screen-type, here:
- SSSP4: https://favo.blob.core.windows.net/firmware/SSSP4-firmware.zip
- SSSP5: https://favo.blob.core.windows.net/firmware/SSSP5-firmware-2140.2.zip
- SSSP6: https://favo.blob.core.windows.net/firmware/tizen/usb/SSSP6-firmware-2390.0.zip
- SSSP10: https://favo.blob.core.windows.net/firmware/tizen/usb/SSSP10-firmware-1090.2.zip
- Unpack the file.
Copy the "image"-folder to an empty USB. (It is important that the folder structure on the USB device is as in the image below. Navn = Name.)
- Insert the USB into the screen.
- Select a source, eg. HDMI.
- Press "Menu" on the remote control.
- Go to: Support > Software Update > Update Now.
- The screen then checks for updates on the USB device.
- When the screen asks if you want to upgrade > Select "Yes".
- The firmware update will then start.
- When the update is complete, the screen will go black and restart. (If the screen has not restarted automatically after one minute, you can turn on the screen with the remote control).
- Done 😀
PS: If you find that the update fails along the way, you may need to replace the memory stick or format the USB device.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!